I took my very first week+ staycation this month, and it gave me a lot of time to think. And clean. And cook. But it also gave me time to remember why I do what I do, and how much I love it.
2017 has been a bit of an introspective for many people given the untimely way 2016 ended with celebrity deaths and other tragedies that won’t be named. So I would expect a lot of people are taking the time to do what I did; just stop and breathe for a minute, remind ourselves why we are where we are in our paths in life.
I want to do more, I want to be known for more. And therefore, the freelance mill of Rachel McBee is back up and running for the time being. I’m excited to help more people and companies brand themselves in a way that fits them, not in a one-size-fits-all approach some places do.
- Given that I don’t usually post deep things on here, before I go any deeper I will instead tell you what I did on vacation:
- Found a new coffee I love
- Spilled stuff on the floor where I vacuumed and eventually cleaned it up
- Played with the cat
- Nearly got mauled by the cat
- Cooked an assortment of recipes (or am in the process as I type):
- Spinach and mushroom frittata
- Breakfast quinoa
- Discovered raw tofu is AMAZING (no cooking required!)
- White turkey chili
- Low-fat cheese enchiladas (blasphemy, I know)
- Asparagus soup
- Chased in Southeastern Colorado (check out the new McBeeWX.com!
- Busted in Southeastern Colorado
- Set up a new network, but quite possibly permanently broke my Airport Express
- The cat forgave me
- Wrote this blog
And that brings me full circle to whatever the rest of the week will bring. Back at it.